Cubs place OF David DeJesus on DL
DeJesus was running almost full speed when he extended his right arm, which slammed into the padded wall in right-center at Citi Field. His glove was knocked off his right hand, and DeJesus immediately went down, writhing in pain on the warning track.
DeJesus, who grew up in the New York area, dislocated his thumb on a similar play at Yankee Stadium in 2010. Unlike that year, however, DeJesus is expected to return and play again this season.
The Cubs activated right-handed reliever Shawn Camp from the disabled list. He has 12 strikeouts and six walks in 16 2-3 innings this season in the bullpen.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees' Pineda banned 10 games by MLB
- Phillies beat Wilson, Dodgers with rally in 9th
- Yanks batter Red Sox with bounce-back barrage
- Wrigley cake ends up down in the dumps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Chicago Cubs Game-Winning Run Royal T-Shirt