Ex-Phillie Daulton diagnosed with 2 brain tumors
PHILADELPHIA -- Former All-Star catcher Darren Daulton has been diagnosed with two brain tumors and will undergo surgery next week.
Daulton, who played 14½ of his 15 seasons for the Philadelphia Phillies, has hosted "Talking Baseball with Dutch" at 97.5 The Fanatic the last four years.
The station released a statement Thursday saying Daulton, after not feeling well the past two weeks, saw a doctor who made the discovery.
Daulton was a key part of the Phillies' NL championship team in 1993. He finished his career with the 1997 World Series champion Florida Marlins.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
- Cards' Wainwright gets majors-best 13th win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Philadelphia Phillies Franchise Red Fitted Hat