White Sox reinstate Gillaspie from paternity list
CHICAGO -- The White Sox have reinstated third baseman Conor Gillaspie from the paternity leave list.
The team announced the move before Friday's doubleheader against the Cleveland Indians.
Gillaspie was placed on the list on Wednesday for the birth of his first child. He was batting .246 with five home runs and 18 RBIs entering Friday.
Brent Morel, recalled from Triple-A Charlotte on Wednesday to replace Gillaspie on the active roster, remained with the club for the doubleheader. Teams are allowed to carry 26 active players for certain doubleheaders.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Ortiz, Red Sox discuss one-year extension
- Yanks not angry at Cano, 'feel bad for him'
- Ellsbury goes from 'thorn' to Yanks' 'flower'
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Chicago White Sox Executive Black Crew Neck Sweater