White Sox recall Simon Castro, option Omogrosso
The moves were made Saturday, less than a day after the White Sox and Indians played a record doubleheader.
Castro was acquired on Dec. 31, 2011, as part of a trade that sent outfielder Carlos Quentin to San Diego. He has never pitched in the major leagues.
The White Sox also returned infielder Brent Morel to Charlotte and optioned reliever Brian Omogrosso to the team's top minor league club. Morel was the 26th player on the White Sox roster for the doubleheader.
Omogrosso allowed nine runs in 2 1-3 innings during Chicago's 19-10 loss in the first game Friday.
The White Sox and Indians played a total of 7 hours, 53 minutes Friday, a record for a doubleheader with two nine-inning games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Police question Cubs' Castro about shooting
- Source: Kuroda leaving MLB, returning to Japan
- Uggla, Bell agree to deals with Nationals
- Caffeine free: Nats P tweets out comped java
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's San Diego Padres Winning Hit Navy T-shirt