Orioles' Davis highlights Home Run Derby field
NEW YORK -- Baltimore Orioles slugger Chris Davis, who leads the majors with 33 homers, will be one of eight participants in the Home Run Derby next Monday night during All-Star festivities at Citi Field.
Davis was chosen by American League captain Robinson Cano of the New York Yankees. They will be joined on the AL squad by Detroit Tigers bopper Prince Fielder, who won the event last year and in 2009, and a player yet to be announced.
Major League Baseball announced the field Monday -- or at least most of it.
Cano won the 2011 Home Run Derby in Arizona.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Baltimore Orioles Adam Jones #10 Black/Camo Jersey