Braun not in Brewers lineup day after returning
Braun started Tuesday night after missing 26 games because of an inflamed nerve in his right hand that was painful when swinging a bat.
Manager Ron Roenicke said Wednesday that he planned to play Braun on Thursday when the Brewers open a four-game series at Arizona before the All-Star break.
Roenicke says: "I don't think I'd start him three games there, but he may come after that first one and say, `I feel great.' If he feels great then maybe we do it."
Braun went 1 for 3 in his return Tuesday. He is batting .304 with nine home runs and 36 RBIs in 58 games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Milwaukee Brewers Ryan Braun #8 Alternate Road Navy Jersey