Reds' Broxton leaves game in 8th inning
CINCINNATI -- Reds reliever Jonathan Broxton left the game against Arizona on Wednesday in the eighth inning after possibly aggravating a right elbow injury.
Broxton missed almost two months earlier this season with a right elbow injury.
Broxton made four appearances after being activated from the disabled list on Aug. 7.
Manager Dusty Baker said before Wednesday's game that the right-hander wasn't available for the previous two games because he "wasn't OK."
Broxton started the eighth with the Reds leading 8-5 and allowed a leadoff home run to Gerardo Parra that originally was ruled a double after bouncing off the top of the left field wall and back onto the field. The hit was ruled a homer after a 3:02 replay review by the umpires.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
- Samardzija to start Opening Day for Cubs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Cincinnati Reds Aroldis Chapman #54 Alternate Red Jersey