Cubs get pitcher from Triple-A Iowa
The 37-year-old Lim had his second Tommy John surgery in 2012 and signed a two-year contract last offseason with the Cubs after spending 17 seasons in Korea and Japan. He pitched at four different levels for the Cubs this season, going 0-0 with a 1.61 ERA in 21 appearances.
At Triple-A Iowa, he had a 0.79 ERA in 11 outings.
RHP Michael Bowden was designated for assignment. Bowden was 1-3 with a 4.30 ERA in 34 appearances, all in relief.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Chicago Cubs Grand Slam Softee Bat and Ball Set