A's activate Norris from DL
Norris had been out since Aug. 20 with a broken left big toe. He spent three games in the minors on a rehab assignment, hitting .429 with two home runs and four RBIs.
Before the toe injury Norris was batting .232 with eight home runs and 26 RBIs.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Oakland Athletics Game-Used-Dirt Coin Photo