A's activate Norris from DL
Norris had been out since Aug. 20 with a broken left big toe. He spent three games in the minors on a rehab assignment, hitting .429 with two home runs and four RBIs.
Before the toe injury Norris was batting .232 with eight home runs and 26 RBIs.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander tabbed to start 7th opener in row
- Mets' Niese cleared to throw, sources say
- Feldman to start Astros' opener vs. Yankees
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth Oakland Athletics 59Fifty Diamond Tech Green Batting Practice Hat