Dodgers LH Capuano hurts groin, leaves game
Capuano pulled up after his 32nd pitch, then grabbed his ankle and stretched the left leg. After a visit from a trainer and manager Don Mattingly, he was replaced by right-hander Peter Moylan. The Dodgers led 2-0.
The Dodgers said Capuano strained muscles on the left side of his groin. He's been on the disabled list twice this season. He was sidelined from April 17 to May 6 with a strained left calf and from May 30 to June 19 with a shoulder strain.
The NL West leaders had to push back Hyun-Jin Ryu's scheduled start this week because of a sore back.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB briefs managers, GMs on replay system
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Reports: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Los Angeles Dodgers Dri-FIT Legend Logo Team-Issued Grey Performance T-Shirt