Mauer still not clear of concussion symptoms
Mauer was missing from the lineup for the 16th straight game Friday, when the Twins started a series against Toronto. The All-Star said after taking batting practice he had "a good day," but the recovery process has been slow.
Mauer said there's no timetable for his return but that he hopes to be back "sooner than later." He was hurt on Aug. 19, hit in the facemask by a foul ball.
General manager Terry Ryan said Mauer has had no setbacks and he doesn't have "any doubt" that Mauer will play again this season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Minnesota Twins Navy Quarter-Zip Pullover Fleece