Pence drives in 7, Giants trounce Dodgers 19-3
The Dodgers' magic number for clinching the NL West remained at four.
The last time the Los Angeles allowed 19 runs at home was on Sept. 12, 1961, when Philadelphia won 19-10 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in a game started by none other than Sandy Koufax. Dodger Stadium opened the next season.
Brandon Belt also homered and set career highs with five hits and six RBIs during the Giants' 22-hit attack.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Hamels: Arm 'really good' after pen session
- O's Wieters out several days with ankle sprain
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Los Angeles Dodgers Runner Floor Mat