World Series ratings for Game 3 up 21 percent
ST. LOUIS -- The Cardinals' wild 5-4 win in Game 3 of the World Series received a 7.4 rating on Fox, up 21 percent from the record low set last year for San Francisco's 2-0 victory over Detroit.
Saturday night's game ended on an obstruction call against Boston third baseman Will Middlebrooks.
Nielsen Media Research said Sunday the game received a 14 share and was watched by 12.5 million viewers. Game 3 last year received a 6.1/11, matching the record low for any Series game -- Philadelphia's rain-delayed 5-4 win over Tampa Bay in the third game in 2008.
The three-game average of 8.1/14 is up 13 percent over the first three games last year.
The rating is the percentage of U.S. television households tuned to a program. The share is the percentage watching a broadcast among those homes with TVs on at the time.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Yankees' Nova leaves with injury, gets MRI
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Alvarez faces 1 over minimum, silences M's
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Boston Red Sox David Ortiz #34 Home White Jersey w/ World Series Champions Patch