Hall of Fame collects artifacts from Red Sox title
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- The Baseball Hall of Fame is putting the Red Sox World Series victory on display.
The Hall's museum has collected items from Boston's 4-2 third championship in 10 years, which was clinched with a 6-1 victory on Wednesday night.
Included among the items are:
-The bat used by World Series MVP David Ortiz in Game 5.
-The spikes worn throughout the World Series by Red Sox closer Koji Uehara.
-The batting gloves worn by Boston rookie Xander Bogaerts.
The items are being revealed at the Hall in Cooperstown, N.Y., on Thursday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Boston Red Sox David Ortiz #34 Navy T-Shirt