Blake Griffin out vs. Wolves with back injury
Griffin was injured in the first quarter against Houston on Saturday. He had light contact with Rockets big man Donatas Motiejunas and immediately went to the ground. He was able to do some work at the team's morning shootaround in Minnesota and warmed up before the game, but was held out.
Griffin says he's dealt with a sore back for a while now, but up until Saturday he's been able to play through it. With a playoff spot already clinched, the Clippers want to make sure he's healthy when those begin, so they're not taking any chances.
Clippers guard Jamal Crawford also missed the game with a calf injury.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Griz remove interim tag from GM Wallace
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Los Angeles Clippers Blake Griffin #32 Game Time Red T-Shirt