Bucks sign second-round pick David Noel
MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Bucks signed second-round draft pick David Noel to a multiyear contract on Monday.
Noel, the 39th pick overall in last week's NBA draft, averaged 12.9 points and 6.8 rebounds last season as a senior at North Carolina.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"David is a terrific athlete who has the ability to make an impact on both ends of the floor," general manager Larry Harris said in a statement. "He is a tough, defensive-minded player with a solid offensive game."
The Bucks also said that forward Joe Smith had undergone successful arthroscopic surgery Friday to remove loose cartilage in his right knee.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.