Bucks sign second-round pick David Noel
MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Bucks signed second-round draft pick David Noel to a multiyear contract on Monday.
Noel, the 39th pick overall in last week's NBA draft, averaged 12.9 points and 6.8 rebounds last season as a senior at North Carolina.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"David is a terrific athlete who has the ability to make an impact on both ends of the floor," general manager Larry Harris said in a statement. "He is a tough, defensive-minded player with a solid offensive game."
The Bucks also said that forward Joe Smith had undergone successful arthroscopic surgery Friday to remove loose cartilage in his right knee.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Griffin's 16th technical triggers 1-game ban
- Carmelo has small labrum tear in shoulder
- Adelman, Timberwolves facing crossroads
- Arizona's Gordon, Johnson heading to NBA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Milwaukee Bucks Team NBA Bracelet