Bucks sign second-round pick David Noel
MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Bucks signed second-round draft pick David Noel to a multiyear contract on Monday.
Noel, the 39th pick overall in last week's NBA draft, averaged 12.9 points and 6.8 rebounds last season as a senior at North Carolina.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"David is a terrific athlete who has the ability to make an impact on both ends of the floor," general manager Larry Harris said in a statement. "He is a tough, defensive-minded player with a solid offensive game."
The Bucks also said that forward Joe Smith had undergone successful arthroscopic surgery Friday to remove loose cartilage in his right knee.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
- Aldridge, Blazers outduel Howard, Rockets
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Milwaukee Bucks Primary Logo Green Polo Shirt