Kings sign PG Aaron Brooks, waive Whiteside
The Kings also waived center Hassan Whiteside on Monday to clear space for Brooks. Phoenix withdrew its qualifying offer to Brooks on July 7, making him an unrestricted free agent.
Brooks was acquired from Houston at the 2011 trade deadline and appeared in 25 games with the Suns, averaging 9.6 points and 4.2 assists in 18.9 minutes. He played in China last season.
Terms of the deal were not announced.
Sacramento drafted Whiteside 33rd overall in 2010 as a freshman out of Marshall. The 7-footer averaged 1.5 points and 2.1 rebounds in 19 games with the Kings over two seasons. He played in just one game his rookie year after tearing a tendon in his left knee in training camp.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Sources: Rockets can't make Asik deal now
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
- Duncan, Parker, Ginobili take seat for Spurs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Sacramento Kings Cross-Body Black Sheen Purse