Kobe misses 2 Lakers practices with foot woes
Bryant practiced on the Lakers' first four days of training camp, but skipped the morning session Friday. The Lakers expected him to practice in the evening session, but the superstar was held out after further evaluation.
The fifth-leading scorer in NBA history is beginning his 17th season with the Lakers. He is a five-time NBA champion and a 14-time All-Star.
The Lakers will practice at their training complex Saturday before traveling to Fresno, Calif., for their preseason opener Sunday against Golden State.
New center ">Dwight Howard won't play in Fresno while recovering from offseason back surgery, but is participating in nearly every part of Los Angeles' camp practices.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- Clips CEO: Doc wants out if Sterling stays
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job, too
- Sterling sues NBA, wife, others for damages
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Gold Coin Photo Mint