Irving has 13 points in Cavs' intrasquad scrimmage
Irving scored 13 points and had five assists as his team lost 54-44.
He underwent surgery to repair a fracture in his right hand on July 18, four days after injuring himself while practicing with the Cavaliers' summer league team in Las Vegas. After misfiring on a pass to rookie center ">Tyler Zeller, the 20-year-old slammed his hand into a padded wall in frustration, breaking the bone on impact.
Irving, the top pick in the 2011 draft out of Duke, was cleared to practice last week when Cleveland opened training camp. He averaged 18.5 points and 5.4 assists in 51 games as a rookie as the Cavaliers went 21-45.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Freshman Parker leaving Duke to enter draft
- Son: TV vet Sager diagnosed with leukemia
- Melo on free-agency options: 'I want to win'
- Cuban: Bucks' new owners got 'a bargain'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cleveland Cavaliers Kyrie Irving #2 Wine Revolution 30 Replica Basketball Jersey