Scottie Pippen to appear in 'Christmas Carol'
CHICAGO -- Former Bulls star Scottie Pippen will take the stage in the Goodman Theatre's "A Christmas Carol."
The theater said Thursday that Pippen will appear in the Dec. 14 production with 7-year-old La'Ren Kimble from Make-A-Wish Illinois. La'Ren is from Rockford and has kidney cancer. The Make-A-Wish Foundation says she loves acting and being in the limelight. The theater says Pippen and La'Ren will have specially tailored costumes.
Pippen says he hopes to make La'Ren and the cast proud. Pippen helped the Bulls win six NBA championships in the 1990s. The Hall of Famer is now special adviser to the team's president and chief operating officer.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- Clips CEO: Doc wants out if Sterling stays
- Sterling sues NBA, wife, others for damages
- Bulls officially sign Brooks to boost bench
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Chicago Bulls "D-Rose" #1 Black Gametime T-Shirt