Rondo sits out against Nets with sprained ankle
Rondo left the Celtics' victory over Utah on Wednesday after he was hurt in the third quarter. Boston coach Doc Rivers says he didn't know if Rondo felt any worse, but assumed from the way he was walking earlier Thursday he wouldn't be able to go.
Leandro Barbosa started at point guard in place of Rondo, the NBA leader with 12.6 assists per game. Barbosa scored 16 points Wednesday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Boston Celtics Rajon Rondo #9 White Replica Jersey