Cavaliers G Irving briefly leaves game with injury
Irving was forced out Saturday night with 6:54 remaining in the third quarter. He squeezed his hand and walked to the bench where he was examined by trainer Max Benton during a timeout. The two then walked to the locker room.
X-rays of Irving's hand were negative, and he was diagnosed with a bruised left index finger.
Irving, who had scored 16 points before he was injured, is averaging 24.3 points and 6.5 assists per game this season. Irving, last season's rookie of the year, entered Saturday as the NBA's fifth leading scorer.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Westbrook, OKC get best of Beverley, Rockets
- Bynum's return gets Pacers back on track
- Sources: Nets to sign Collins for rest of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cleveland Cavaliers Kyrie Irving #2 Wine Revolution 30 Swingman Basketball Jersey