Deron Williams out for Nets
Williams used his wrist to brace himself as he fell to the court in Tuesday's 93-76 loss to the Boston Celtics.
Nets trainer Tim Walsh advised Williams, who has been fighting the injury all season, that this might be a good game to miss. Coach Avery Johnson agreed with that decision.
"Seems like every time he falls, he falls directly on it," Johnson said before the game. "We'll continue to evaluate him on a day-in and day-out basis."
Williams, who averages 16.6 points a game, will be replaced in the starting lineup by C.J. Watson.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- Clips CEO: Doc wants out if Sterling stays
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job, too
- Sterling sues NBA, wife, others for damages
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Brooklyn Nets Deron Williams Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey