Toxicology testing due in Scott Sterling death
LOS ANGELES -- An autopsy has been conducted on the body of Scott Ashley Sterling, son of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.
Los Angeles County chief coroner's investigator Craig Harvey says the examination was completed Thursday but the cause of death has been deferred for toxicology testing.
The body of the 32-year-old was found late Tuesday at his home in a beachfront apartment building Malibu.
A Sheriff's Department statement said it's believed to be a drug overdose but gave no details.
Donald Sterling and wife Shelley released a statement on Wednesday thanking friends for sympathy and saying their son was diabetic. The statement, however, did not indicate what role, if any, diabetes may have played in the death.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers 'must play D'
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Los Angeles Clippers Basic Red Knit Hat