Toxicology testing due in Scott Sterling death
LOS ANGELES -- An autopsy has been conducted on the body of Scott Ashley Sterling, son of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.
Los Angeles County chief coroner's investigator Craig Harvey says the examination was completed Thursday but the cause of death has been deferred for toxicology testing.
The body of the 32-year-old was found late Tuesday at his home in a beachfront apartment building Malibu.
A Sheriff's Department statement said it's believed to be a drug overdose but gave no details.
Donald Sterling and wife Shelley released a statement on Wednesday thanking friends for sympathy and saying their son was diabetic. The statement, however, did not indicate what role, if any, diabetes may have played in the death.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
- Melo: Woodson 'can't worry about' status
- Curry powers Warriors' rally over Mavericks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Woodson fires back" name="Hanging On">
- adidas Men's Los Angeles Clippers Chris Paul #3 Red Gametime T-Shirt