Grizzlies F Randolph out with flu-like symptoms
Coach Lionel Hollins announced Randolph was ill during his pregame media availability on Friday night.
The 6-foot-9 Randolph is averaging 16.7 points and 12.3 rebounds per game. He leads the NBA in double-doubles with 22 and is second in the league in rebounding.
It was his first missed game of the season
Marreese Speights was slated to start in Randolph's spot. Speights started 54 games last season as Randolph recovered from an early season knee injury.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Griffin's 16th technical triggers 1-game ban
- Carmelo has small labrum tear in shoulder
- Adelman, Timberwolves facing crossroads
- Arizona's Gordon, Johnson heading to NBA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Houston Rockets Red Sheen Wristlet