Mavs request waivers on Douglas-Roberts
Dallas made the move Sunday, a day after the Mavericks tied an NBA record with their 10th consecutive overtime loss.
Douglas-Roberts was the D-League's top scorer when he was signed Dec. 23. He was added from the Mavericks' D-League affiliate after injured veteran point guard Derek Fisher was waived by Dallas at his request.
In six games for the Mavericks, the 6-foot-7 Douglas-Roberts averaged 2.8 points in 10½ minutes a game. He averaged 22.5 points in 11 games in the D-League for the Texas Legends before that.
The move leaves Dallas with 14 players on its roster.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Dallas Mavericks Softee Basketball-Three Ball Set