Adelman misses game for personal reasons
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman was not at the arena for Tuesday night's game against Atlanta due to personal reasons.
The team released a statement a few hours before the Wolves were set to play the Hawks announcing assistant Terry Porter would coach the team in Adelman's place. Adelman also missed practice on Monday.
It was not immediately known if the coach would accompany the team to start its road trip at Oklahoma City on Wednesday.
The Timberwolves did get some good news when they found out point guard Ricky Rubio and center Nikola Pekovic were available to play. Rubio missed four straight games with back spasms after coming back from a torn ACL in his left knee.
Pekovic strained his left hip against Portland on Saturday night.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Clips star Griffin has back fracture
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
- Sources: Agents protesting NBPA head vote
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Minnesota Timberwolves Ricky Rubio #9 Swingman Revolution 30 Blue Basketball Jersey