T-Wolves' Roy has setback with his right knee
Roy gave an update Thursday on his recovery from arthroscopic surgery in December. He says he was feeling close to trying to play in a game for the first time this season, but felt more pain last Saturday and had to slow things down.
The former Portland Trail Blazers All-Star retired before last season because of chronic knee issues. After feeling better this summer, Roy signed with the Timberwolves to start a comeback.
Roy says his latest setback has been discouraging. But he remains hopeful that he will play this season. He says there is no timetable for his first game.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Minnesota Timberwolves Alternate Ultimate Black T-Shirt