Nets' Williams out this week with ankle problems
The Nets say Williams has synovitis, which is inflammation of the ankle joint linings, and received platelet rich plasma treatment on both ankles Monday.
Williams won't play Monday night at Indiana or Wednesday at home against Denver. He is expected to return after the All-Star break next weekend.
Williams has battled a number of minor injuries during a below-average season for the two-time Olympian, but he has missed only one game. He is averaging 16.7 points and 7.6 assists in 50 games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Deron Williams Swingman Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey