Nets' Williams out this week with ankle problems
The Nets say Williams has synovitis, which is inflammation of the ankle joint linings, and received platelet rich plasma treatment on both ankles Monday.
Williams won't play Monday night at Indiana or Wednesday at home against Denver. He is expected to return after the All-Star break next weekend.
Williams has battled a number of minor injuries during a below-average season for the two-time Olympian, but he has missed only one game. He is averaging 16.7 points and 7.6 assists in 50 games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Sterling, Ballmer have 'friendly' talk
- Carter: LeBron wasn't pushed to Cavaliers
- Kings rally late to claim summer-league title
- LeBron kicks off tour of China with pianist
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Deron Williams Swingman Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey