Wizards' Beal is day-to-day with sprained ankle
The doctors on Monday confirmed the initial diagnosis made after the rookie was hurt in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 90-87 win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
Beal was carried to the locker room by two teammates and was wearing crutches after the game, but he said an X-ray showed no serious damage.
The Wizards say Beal is day-to-day. Their next game is Wednesday on the road against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Griffin, Clips dump Warriors; streak hits 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Minnesota Timberwolves Basketball Mat