Jazz C Kanter dislocates left shoulder vs. Suns
An MRI is scheduled for Thursday morning.
Kanter was biting hard into his mouthpiece, supporting his left arm and stopped courtside as if he wanted to try to pop the joint back into place. Head trainer Gary Briggs led him to the locker room shortly thereafter.
The injury occurred while the 6-foot-11, 248-pound Kanter was diving for a loose ball with 10:23 left in the half. He collided with Suns center Hamed Haddadi, who is listed at 7-2, 265 pounds.
Kanter, a second-year pro, is averaging 7.3 points and 4.4 rebounds for Utah while playing with the second unit.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Phoenix Suns Chosen Orange Shorts