Hornets extend contract of G Terrel Harris
The move on Thursday comes after the 6-foot-4 Harris completed his second 10-day contract with the club. Harris was first signed by New Orleans on March 8, two days after rookie guard Austin Rivers broke his right hand.
Harris, who played at Oklahoma State, has appeared in seven games for the Hornets, averaging 0.6 points, 1.7 rebounds and 0.9 assists in 11.4 minutes per game.
His best outing came against Golden State, when he had four points, five rebounds, two blocked shots, an assist and a steal.
Now in his second NBA season, Harris played for Miami earlier this season, appearing in seven games before being waived Jan. 5.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Spalding New Orleans Pelicans Team Logo Mini Basketball