Celtics' Pierce out against Cavs with sore ankle
BOSTON -- Boston forward Paul Pierce missed the Celtics' home game Friday night against Cleveland because of a sore left ankle.
Coach Doc Rivers said before the game that the Celtics were being cautious with Pierce, but expected him to be available Sunday when they host the Washington Wizards.
Pierce also missed a game at Minnesota on Monday for the birth of his son.
The Celtics were also without Kevin Garnett, who missed his eighth straight game because of inflammation in his left ankle.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Warriors sink Clippers for Game 1 road win
- Nets claim opener as D-Will has 24
- Raptors GM shouts expletive aimed at Nets
- Spurs' Parker: Success nothing without title
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Brooklyn Nets Kevin Garnett #2 Gametime Black T-Shirt