Davis to sit rest of Hornets season
The 6-foot-10 rookie forward was hurt when he collided with Marcus Thornton during the fourth quarter of Wednesday night's loss at Sacramento.
The Hornets say Davis was diagnosed Thursday with a sprained medial collateral ligament and bone bruise in his knee and that further evaluation and an MRI showed no additional structural damage.
Davis has averaged 13.5 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 28.8 minutes per game this season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers' George: Ready to live up to pressure
- NBA putting its social media handle on ball
- Ginobili has stress fracture, to skip World Cup
- Bosh on leaving Heat: 'It was close'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Adidas Men's New Orleans Pelicans Anthony Davis #23 Game Time Navy T-shirt