Celtics' Rivers fined for criticizing officials
NEW YORK -- Boston coach Doc Rivers was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Thursday for publicly criticizing game officials after the Celtics' loss to New York on Tuesday night.
When asked about two fouls on Kevin Garnett in the first 3:20 of the Celtics' 87-71 loss in Game 2 of the playoff series, Rivers called them "horrendous."
The Knicks lead the series 2-0. Game 3 is Friday night in Boston.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Kevin Garnett #2 Black Gametime T-Shirt