76ers acquire D-League team in Delaware
PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia 76ers have acquired a team to compete in the NBA's developmental league in Delaware.
The franchise will be named the 87ers and will play its games at the University of Delaware campus. The move was announced Saturday.
The rights to the club were previous held by the Utah Flash, which went on a hiatus two years ago. Aaron Moszer was named team president. Moszer was most recently served as assistant vice president of sales/marketing for Ripken Baseball Inc.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- Report: NBA considering 7-day All-Star break
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Philadelphia 76ers Carpet Tiles