Bulls' Hinrich out for Game 6
Coach Tom Thibodeau said before the game that the veteran guard would miss his second straight game, a big blow for a team trying to close out this first-round series.
Chicago took a 3-2 lead into the game.
Thibodeau said Deng and Gibson were "feeling a little better" after staying home Wednesday and missing practice. He also said Robinson has been ill for a while.
The Nets' Reggie Evans is also dealing with flu symptoms.
Hinrich's injury and the illnesses are just the latest blows for a team that's been short-handed all season.
"Everyone's feeling under the weather," Thibodeau said. "You just deal with it. You want to use it as an excuse, you can. Preferably, we don't. We get out there and get the job done."
Thibodeau had some positive news about Joakim Noah, who's been battling plantar fasciitis in his right foot: "He actually was very good today."
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.