Assistant coach Hecker no longer with Grizzlies
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Grizzlies assistant Barry Hecker has left the team during the Western Conference semifinals for what coach Lionel Hollins says is a "personal matter."
Hollins said after the Monday morning shootaround that Hecker's departure is "nothing that's public consumption."
Hecker was with the Grizzlies for their Game 2 win in Oklahoma City. But he was not with the team in Memphis for Saturday night's 87-81 win that gave the Grizzlies a 2-1 lead. Team officials say only that Hecker is "no longer" with the Grizzlies.
Hecker had been on Hollins' staff in Memphis the past five seasons. Hecker also has worked as a scout, player personnel director and assistant coach for the Clippers and Cavaliers.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Freshman Parker leaving Duke to enter draft
- Melo on free-agency options: 'I want to win'
- Cuban: Bucks' new owners got 'a bargain'
- Griffin on Thompson remarks: 'Isn't my thing'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Los Angeles Clippers Staples Center Signature Stadium Photo