Pistons sign Caldwell-Pope, Mitchell
The team did not release terms of the deals. The Pistons used the eighth pick in the draft on Caldwell-Pope, a 6-foot-5 guard from Georgia who was the Southeastern Conference player of the year last season. Caldwell-Pope averaged 18.5 points per game as a sophomore in 2012-13 and shot 37 percent from 3-point range.
Caldwell-Pope was the first Georgia player since Dominique Wilkins in 1981 to sweep the major SEC player of the year awards.
The 6-foot-8 Mitchell, drafted in the second round, averaged 13 points and 8.5 rebounds last season as a sophomore for North Texas. He is also the school's career and single-season record holder for blocked shots.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Sources: Nets' Lopez (foot) done for season
- Bulls' Deng, Butler ruled out against Cavaliers
- Heat post season-high 122 in rout of Kings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Detroit Pistons Team NBA Bracelet