Grizzlies acquire rights to Calathes from Dallas
The Grizzlies announced the deal Monday.
Dallas acquired Calathes' rights in a draft night trade in 2009, but the guard out of Florida had not played for the Mavericks. The Mavericks already had Memphis' second-round draft pick in 2016 from Denver in a trade involving Corey Brewer and Rudy Fernandez. But the Grizzlies lifted their protections on the draft selection in exchange for Calathes' rights.
Calathes, 24, scored 12.6 points with 5.3 rebounds and 4.2 assists in 14 games for Lokomotiv Kuban of the Russian Professional Basketball League. He averaged 13.9 points and 6.1 assists in 30 games in the VTB United League. The 6-foot-6 guard played his first three professional seasons in Greece.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Davis (broken hand) back in Pelicans' lineup
- Knicks outlast NBA-worst Bucks in double OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Memphis Grizzlies Official 2013 Draft Day Navy Adjustable Hat