Wizards' Singleton out 6-8 weeks with broken foot
The Wizards announced Wednesday that Singleton was scheduled for outpatient surgery to repair a fracture in the fifth metatarsal.
The team says the injury occurred during a voluntary workout at Verizon Center on Tuesday.
Singleton averaged 4.1 points and 3.2 rebounds in 57 games for the Wizards last season. He was the 18th overall pick in the 2011 draft.
Singleton will miss training camp, which begins Sept. 28. He would have to recover in exactly six weeks to make the regular season opener Oct. 30.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
- Cavs' Bennett out 3 weeks with knee injury
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Lawmaker's 'NBA and crime' tweet draws ire
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Washington Wizards John Wall #2 Red Revolution 30 Replica Basketball Jersey
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index