Wizards' Singleton out 6-8 weeks with broken foot
The Wizards announced Wednesday that Singleton was scheduled for outpatient surgery to repair a fracture in the fifth metatarsal.
The team says the injury occurred during a voluntary workout at Verizon Center on Tuesday.
Singleton averaged 4.1 points and 3.2 rebounds in 57 games for the Wizards last season. He was the 18th overall pick in the 2011 draft.
Singleton will miss training camp, which begins Sept. 28. He would have to recover in exactly six weeks to make the regular season opener Oct. 30.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers 'must play D'
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Washington Wizards Red Track Jacket