Wizards' Singleton out 6-8 weeks with broken foot
The Wizards announced Wednesday that Singleton was scheduled for outpatient surgery to repair a fracture in the fifth metatarsal.
The team says the injury occurred during a voluntary workout at Verizon Center on Tuesday.
Singleton averaged 4.1 points and 3.2 rebounds in 57 games for the Wizards last season. He was the 18th overall pick in the 2011 draft.
Singleton will miss training camp, which begins Sept. 28. He would have to recover in exactly six weeks to make the regular season opener Oct. 30.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- Clips CEO: Doc desires exit if Sterling stays
- Sterling sues NBA, wife, others for damages
- Bulls officially sign Brooks to boost bench
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Originals Women's Washington Wizards Retro Tri-Blend Grey T-Shirt