Ayon leaves Hawks' opener against Heat
Ayon collided with Heat guard Norris Cole late in the opening quarter while chasing a rebound, and got his arm twisted on the play. Ayon first grabbed at his shoulder, then his elbow, and left for the Hawks' locker room clutching his wrist.
The Hawks said he was continuing to be evaluated by doctors. Ayon missed his only shot and grabbed one rebound in 4 minutes of action before getting hurt.
The 6-foot-10 Ayon has averaged 4.8 points in his first two NBA seasons, playing with New Orleans, Orlando and Milwaukee. He signed with Atlanta as a free agent on July 29.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.