Celtics F Sullinger out with sore knee
BOSTON -- Celtics forward Jared Sullinger will not play Wednesday night against Charlotte because of a sore right knee.
Sullinger injured the knee in practice on Tuesday and had an MRI, which showed a bruised bone.
The 6-foot-9, second-year forward is averaging 11.3 points and 5.1 rebounds. Coach Brad Stevens said Sullinger would be replaced in the starting lineup by Kris Humphries.
Stevens said Sullinger is day-to-day.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- Clippers rout Lakers by record 48
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Noah recruits Melo to join Bulls, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Kids' Boston Celtics Primary Logo Kelly Green Long Sleeve Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index