Arizona cleans up in Pac-12 men's hoops awards
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- Arizona guard Nick Johnson has been named Pac-12 player of the year, teammate Aaron Gordon won the award for top freshman and Sean Miller also was honored as coach of the year.
Commissioner Larry Scott announced the awards on Monday. The honors were voted on by the league's coaches.
Johnson averaged 16.1 points and 2.8 assist per game to lead Arizona to a first-place finish and No. 4 national ranking at the end of the regular season. He is the seventh Arizona player to win the award with Derrick Williams being the most recent in 2010-11.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Wake Forest adds Greece's Mitoglou to roster
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Arizona Wildcats Cardinal 'Cardiac Cats' Basketball T-Shirt