Another foot injury ends career of Utes C Foster
SALT LAKE CITY -- Utah center David Foster will undergo foot surgery that will end his college career.
The team issued a statement Monday indicating the 7-foot-3 Foster had re-injured his right foot. Surgery is scheduled for next week.
Foster missed all of last season with a broken foot.
He finishes his Utah career as the program's all-time blocked shots leader with 219.
Foster says he hopes to continue his basketball career at the professional level once healthy.
Coach Larry Krystkowiak says Foster was a great leader for the young Utes team and will continue to help with the program.
The Utes went 6-25 last season in their first year in the Pac-12.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Kentucky anticipating Louisville's best shot
- Polee visits SDSU practice; no medical update
- Shocker: 11th-ranked Wichita St. falls to GW
- Seton Hall loses Whitehead to stress fracture
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Utah Utes Crimson Fishing Woven Short Sleeve Shirt