No. 8 Duke beats Winston-Salem 69-45 in exhibition
DURHAM, N.C. -- Mason Plumlee had 19 points and 10 rebounds, and No. 8 Duke beat Winston-Salem State 69-45 on Thursday night in the Blue Devils' final exhibition game.
Duke never trailed, shot 39 percent and smothered the Division II Rams early, holding them to 16.7 percent shooting in the decisive first half and forcing 19 turnovers for the game.
Duke outscored Winston-Salem State 32-7 during a 16-minute stretch midway through the half in which the Rams missed 21 of 23 shots. They had as many turnovers as points (13) at halftime, but Duke outscored them just 33-31 in the second half.
WyKevin Bazemore had 11 points and 17 rebounds for Winston-Salem State.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
- UNC hopes to set up meeting with McCants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Duke Blue Devils Black #5 Elite Replica Basketball Jersey