GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Erik Murphy tied a career high with 24 points just days after dealing with an illness, and No. 10 Florida beat 22nd-ranked Wisconsin 74-56 on Wednesday night.
Murphy made all 10 of his shots, including two from 3-point range, as the short-handed Gators enjoyed a double-digit lead most of the night. He also had seven rebounds.
NO. 15 CREIGHTON 77, UAB 60
Jones matched his career high with four 3-pointers. The backup guard made two during a personal 10-0 run that tied it 45 and two more during a 17-0 spurt that helped the Bluejays (2-0) finish off the Blazers (1-1).
McDermott, the returning first-team All-American, got into early foul trouble and had five points.
Isiah Jones scored 16 points for UAB.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Creighton Bluejays Grey Basketball Legend T-Shirt