Creighton's Josh Jones awaits more medical tests
OMAHA, Neb. -- Creighton guard Josh Jones is returning to Omaha, Neb., for additional tests after fainting before a game.
Jones was taken to a Lincoln hospital after passing out before the Bluejays' game against Nebraska in Lincoln on Thursday night. Creighton sports information director Rob Anderson says Jones' condition has stabilized.
In a statement released by the school, Jones says he's in good spirits and doing well.
Coach Greg McDermott said after the game that Jones fainted during pregame warm-ups and was taken from the Devaney Center on a stretcher.
Jones was diagnosed with a bacterial infection during his senior year at Omaha Central High School and underwent surgery to replace a heart valve. He resumed playing basketball in December 2007.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 8 Irish need block in OT to thwart NC State
- Coach K gets 1,000th win; Duke tops St. John's
- No. 2 UVa escapes Hokies to stay unbeaten
- Wells' late tip-in caps Maryland's comeback
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Creighton Bluejays Blue Tournament Basketball T-shirt