Oregon State beats Texas-Pan American 84-59
CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Ahmad Starks had 21 points and Oregon State pulled away from Texas-Pan American in the second half Monday afternoon for a 84-59 win.
Joe Burton had 18 points and tied a season high with 10 rebounds for Oregon State (10-3), which bounced back from its first home loss of the season to heavy underdog Towson just two days ago.
Texas-Pan American trailed by 18 at halftime but closed within 50-39 on an Aaron Urbanus 3-pointer with 14:03 left.
The Beavers answered with six straight points to go up 17 and later scored six more in a row to go ahead 66-43 and put the game out of reach.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Workers trying to save buckling UCLA court
- Giving back: Hill donates $1.25M to Duke
- Ex-PC starter Fortune heading to Colorado
- Mayo leaves Marquette, pursues pro career
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oregon State Beavers Orange Full-Zip Basketball Performance Hoodie