UNC: Hairston doubtful for Virginia Tech
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina sophomore guard P.J. Hairston is doubtful for Saturday's game against Virginia Tech after suffering a concussion at Boston College.
Hairston was hurt Tuesday night when he collided with teammate Dexter Strickland on the defensive end during the first half of an 82-70 win. He didn't play again and had to be taken off the court on a stretcher before returning to the bench and wearing a towel over his head.
The school said Wednesday that Hairston returned home with the team and is improving. He is a gametime decision, though trainer Chris Hirth said in a statement that Hairston is "unlikely" to play.
Hairston is the team's third-leading scorer at 12.4 points per game. He had made four 3-pointers against BC before his injury.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jordan Men's North Carolina Tar Heels #35 Carolina Blue Replica Basketball Jersey